The Classic Speaker Pages Discussion Forums
Pete B

Boston Acoustics Wiki Page Needed

I'm not too familiar with the BA product lines over the years and a much better Wiki

page or any history page would be helpful:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Acoustics

Anyone know of a better one?

Very little about the different product lines here:

http://www.bostonacoustics.com/US/Pages/AboutUs.aspx

2 hours ago, Pete B said:

Anyone know of a better one?

Same problem I ran into early 2017.  The CSP has more info than any other site I found.  

Adams 

I'm looking for more info, too.  I enjoy hifi history, especially American speaker companies.  I used to own some Boston A40's and recently picked up a used pair of CR85s, which are fantastic speakers.  I know the VR series are the deluxe models, but I found a third hand quote from Andy Kotsatos that the CR95, which are the same as mine, but in a floorstander, were the best speaker BA produced.  Apparently they were only sold only one year because they sniped sales from the more expensive VRs.

Anyway, the bookshelf series seems to go from the As to the HDxs to the CRxs, the CRx5s, CRx7s, the CSs, and finally the A series again.  I would like to know the years all these were produced.  Things get a bit muddy after the company was sold in 2005.  I believe my CR85s are from about 2002-2003.  The new A series was out about 2011 and there are many good reviews of them.  They seem to use much of the technology that debuted with the CRx5 series.  Sadly, speaker manufacturing ended completely for BA in June of 2018.