The Classic Speaker Pages Discussion Forums
DavidR

Capacitors for sale

I have an excess of caps and want to reduce my stash. Caps marked 'used' have less than 10 hours of use but are in good condition. The 2uF mylar by TRW and the Pilkor only have 1/2" leads.

Shipping to Lower 48 States via cheapest method - price to be determined. PayPal is preferred.

All caps measured at 1kHz on an Agilent U1733C

image.png.acdd5af241f160938409da70e6593685.png

Do                                                                 

IMG_3633.JPG

Keyboard batteries went out mid post. I need two replacements for KLH Model 23. Hope the pic is sufficient. What type are these and do you have them?

TSJ,

You need one 4uF cap per speaker. Any of the ones David listed (Erse PEx or Dayton PMPC) would be good, if he still has them. If not, you can get caps from Madisound or PartsExpress. Get two 4uF film caps. Voltage does not matter (they will all be over 50v). You could also use 3.9uF caps. I like the Carli caps sold by Madisound: https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/carli-capacitors/carli-mylar-3.9-mfd/

Solens are also good but cost more https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/solen-capacitors/solen-4-mfd-fast-cap-400v/

Here are the Daytons https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-pmpc-40-40uf-250v-precision-audio-capacitor--027-226

-Kent

@TSJ   All are still available. Just look at the list and send me a PM if you want any.

4uF size cap as Kent pointed out.

On 8/5/2018 at 4:00 PM, JKent said:

Any of the ones David listed (Erse PEx or Dayton PMPC) would be good,

Myself, I'd go with the Daytons but either the Dayton or the Erse caps will work fine.

I would like to re-cap my 23's and 17's could you send me an invoice for 4 pieces? (2 for the model 23's and two for the model 17's) 

Do you happen to have the resistors for these models?KLH-After.jpg.9065772c507cc9f04709a152e58ada2e.jpg

15 minutes ago, TSJ said:

Do you happen to have the resistors for these models?

Resistors do not normally go bad and therefor would not need to be replaced. OTOH, many KLH speakers used 5w resistors and for about a buck apiece replacing them is cheap insurance. Looks like that's what you did with your 23s.

The 17 crossover has (each speaker):

• Two 2uF caps
  • One 8uF cap
  • Two 3 Ohm resistors
  • One 7.5 Ohm resistor

-Kent

17_SCHEMATIX.JPG

I don't have any resistors for sale.

So you need:

(2) 4uF for one speaker

and

(2) 8uF + (4) 2uF for the other speaker