The Classic Speaker Pages Discussion Forums
KlausDK

Anything happened to "Vintage_AR" (Larry Lagace )?

Dear All

"Vintage_AR" shop on ebay.com is empty, has he moved to a web-shop outside ebay, or is he temporarily out of business??

I need 2 woofer adaption rings for mounting newer smaller version 10" woofers in an old set of AR.2Ax, didn't Larry use to have those on stock??

Hope that it is not something serious.

BRgds Klaus

Just found the answer:

"This seller is currently away until Mar 20, 2019, and is not processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later."

BRgds Klaus

I emailed Larry last week about AR92 woofer mounting screws.  Larry responded quickly, and let me know he had them.  But, he also told me about the down time, and that he'd be back up on March 20.  So, I hope it was planned, and that everything is OK?

Larry is vacationing in the Caribbean (St Thomas) for six weeks!

Klaus, he has reproduction adapter rings for the 10 inch woofer in stock, and should be able to help you out when he returns.

Roy

Klaus, perhaps this can be helpful if you are unable to wait that long.

10%22 woofer adapter .jpg

Thanks Robert, I wish Larry the best of holidays, and will wait patiently for his return 😊

BRgds Klaus

Probably a good idea to wait, Klaus. I know I do not have the proper tools - and possibly not the skills - to create Masonite rings with accurate concentric circles. Also found this random pic stashed away, but I always thought the ring was meant to be placed below the basket rim rather than above it. 

Now I want to go to St. Thomas for snorkeling and rum drinks. B) 

10%22 ring.jpg

1 hour ago, ra.ra said:

I always thought the ring was meant to be placed below the basket rim rather than above it.

The few factory conversions I have seen had the adapter rings riveted in place below the basket.

Roy