The Classic Speaker Pages Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lakecat

Unable to upload pictures.....

I have always been able to upload pics from my camera via laptop to this site. My phone.....was not able to ever.   Now....I am getting an error message when trying to use my camera pics from laptop to upload on here. Anyone explain why?

1 minute ago, lakecat said:

I have always been able to upload pics from my camera via laptop to this site. My phone.....was not able to ever.   Now....I am getting an error message when trying to use my camera pics from laptop to upload on here. Anyone explain why?

Have you checked the file sizes.  Are you using W10 or AppleOS?  Newer phones take GB sized images unless you reduce the image quality setting.

23 hours ago, Aadams said:

Have you checked the file sizes.  Are you using W10 or AppleOS?  Newer phones take GB sized images unless you reduce the image quality setting.

It is W10.....but received a message that I am close to max. So got to go delete some pics and see if that takes care of it. Don't know why phone pics were never accepted here. 

W10 you can use the snip tool to save as a small file and copy/paste into CSP.  For example: the image below is from a photo of a whole 3a that is 11.3 MB natively but the snipped enlargement of the badge section is only 412kb.  If the snip is not too large you can copy and paste directly into CSP without first saving as a snipped jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dc9bfe21eb2671dbb1a0ed68fd2507a5.jpeg