The Classic Speaker Pages Discussion Forums
Kal87bmw

At 9 lower midrange reconed

The only 8 in. AR woofers with 8 mounting holes I have ever ran across are the 200001-1 woofer used in the AR 18, 17, 15 and 25. They all have smooth cones and foam surrounds.

2 hours ago, lARrybody said:

The only 8 in. AR woofers with 8 mounting holes I have ever ran across are the 200001-1 woofer used in the AR 18, 17, 15 and 25. They all have smooth cones and foam surrounds.

The 200027 LMR, for the 9's, 90's, and 94's, had 8 mounting holes as well.  That makes me wonder if all these woofers were built on a common frame, with like parts?  Even the impedance of my 90 and 18 drivers match.  Which makes me think that these various woofers can substitute for one another, in a pinch?

As I said they were reconed and the mids have a double roll cloth surrounds cone material is different than any pics I’ve seen but the magnets and spiders are original I added the trim ring from my advents and the extra screws for good measure 8 holes why not 8 screws .  I just was wondering if anyone else had there’s reconed.  I put my Maggie 3.6rs aside so I’d say they sound damn good. I am an original guy so I’ll look for the correct cones but  all have been redone in some form or another. Anyone have any spares or info that will help thanks in advance 

They also have the correct baskets 200027 and 200003 with the little red sticker  although the guy had one of the woofers wired out of phase fixed that and more importantly gaskets and oually bass you all no about  thanks again 

Larry and I mentioned several different AR speakers, which could be used in your 9's.  Also, there are 4 AR94Si woofer-midrange drivers (none mine) on eBay.  They would probably work too.  But, I'd first email the seller, and confirm the impedance is the correct 4.5 Ohms.