Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Julio

opinions and info on model 201?

4 posts in this topic

Just came across a pair and don`t know anything about them and just wondered if anyone here had any opinions or ideas to get them to sound their best.Thanks.

They are great speakers - well worth rehabing. They benefit from recapping, Lot's of information about them at www.humanspeakers.com Though expect to wait for any orders from that site.

I had a pair as well as still have a pair of 202's, Nice neutral to warm sound. My wife loved the 201 and is still upset I sold them.

Here are pictures of my 202. Crossover is same as 201. If I had to do it over I'd probably take out the attenuator as Huw does. And upgrade wiring. Huw sells turnkey crossovers but I hesitate to recommend as he takes a long time to ship or get back to you. Otherwise he's tops.

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q227/sh...1973/EPI%20202/

They are great speakers - well worth rehabing. They benefit from recapping, Lot's of information about them at www.humanspeakers.com Though expect to wait for any orders from that site.

I had a pair as well as still have a pair of 202's, Nice neutral to warm sound. My wife loved the 201 and is still upset I sold them.

Here are pictures of my 202. Crossover is same as 201. If I had to do it over I'd probably take out the attenuator as Huw does. And upgrade wiring. Huw sells turnkey crossovers but I hesitate to recommend as he takes a long time to ship or get back to you. Otherwise he's tops.

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q227/sh...1973/EPI%20202/

Thanks for your input.Is Huw www.humanspeakers.com that you mentioned?

Thanks for your input.Is Huw www.humanspeakers.com that you mentioned?

Yes