The Classic Speaker Pages Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BetsyH

Speaker Covers

Looking for speaker covers for my Avid speakers - not sure of model number.  Do I have to use Avid covers? Or can I use any speaker covers?  Thanks! 

Thanks so much.  By covers, I was referring to the fabric in the front of the speakers....  I'll definitely contact Midwest Speaker Repair...  

Hi Betsy, and welcome to CSP. In order to get the best advice, it is always helpful to post pics of your project. As far as fabric for covering your speaker fronts - - usually referred to as "grilles" - - there are a great many options. The most important aspect is that it is acoustically transparent and not so thick or heavy or dense to adversely affect the transmission of sound. Visually, the selection is purely a matter of taste. You can try to match the original fabric or choose another color or texture that appeals to you. Many people find suitable replacement cloth from their local craft store or fabric outlet. As opposed to mail order, this offers the advantage of examining and feeling the actual fabric prior to purchase.