Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Louisville Slugger

New guy here

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I found this forum by searching for vintage audio gear forums. I do IT work in central MA.

I have always loved the world of hi-fi audio and have been slowly acquiring components for my vintage audio setup.

I have attached some pictures below.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Welcome to the CSP forum, Slugger, and you've got a great looking set-up there. Chopin, Coldplay and Lee Morgan - - quite a range of taste in music, and a very nice cap collection, too.

the Marantz is looking good as well! 2270?

welcome

7 minutes ago, ra.ra said:

Welcome to the CSP forum, Slugger, and you've got a great looking set-up there. Chopin, Coldplay and Lee Morgan - - quite a range of taste in music, and a very nice cap collection, too.

That cap collection is my living room table. A buddy I went to college with takes old tables and re-purposes them into nice tables with bottle caps as the top. It's hard to tell in the picture but there's a clear coat of resin on the bottle caps. It looks like a glass.

Most of the records are from my father. I bought a few here and there. I use a USB DAC (Schitt Modi 2 Uber) into my media PC. I have my audio collection ripped using Exact Audio Copy and I use JRiver to manage my collection. I also have some 24/96, 24/192 files that I downloaded from HDTracks as well.

I use an Oppo DV-970HD to mainly play my SACD collection which I don't want to re-buy again digitally or figure out how to rip.

Just now, stupidhead said:

the Marantz is looking good as well! 2270?

welcome

Yup, 2270 with the wooden cabinet (WC-22 I believe).

Looking good!