tomknow

Snell XA 90 Powered Sub Amplifier problem

7 posts in this topic

I have a nice pair of Snell XA 90ps with the amplified powered subs (2 in each box). On one speaker the amp is not working, it powers up, red LED illuminates on the front of the cabinet but no sound.  Drivers tested fine and produce sound, just not from the amp. Anyone know how to get this repaired? All of the other drivers are working fine, just the 2 - 10" subs are not getting powered by the amp. I'm told that the micro control board goes defective on some of these.  My plan is to sell these as they are too big now for my living quarters but I want to have a fully functioning pair to sell vs. something that needs repair.  BTW if anyone is interested in them, repaired or as is, message me.  These are awfully nice speakers and were right at $7K a pair when new.  A good deal awaits someone looking for these!

I fixed a powered sub once by opening it up and discovering a fuse inside had blown. Check your sub for fuses. 

yes, I looked for that, no fuses. Also double checked the connections. Thank you.

Have you tried disconnecting the woofer itself from the cables and testing it by itself to ensure the woofer is not blown?

Yes, I sure did. All the Woofers produce sound from another source. They just aren't getting a power source through the speakers amp.

Seems like no easy DIY fix here. Time to scout out electronic repair shops near you? 

I think I'm at that same conclusion. There's an excellent tech here in Columbia, SC. Thanks for the dialogue.

Tom