The Classic Speaker Pages Discussion Forums
Chris1this1

Casually looking for 1or 2 AR3a woofers, can trade AR9 woofer

I say casually looking since my speakers are playing very well, just that there are cosmetic issues from a previous reform attempt, and would like to eventually replace the woofers. Anyone have a pair or one for sale? Needing foam or not is no issue.  I also have a nice AR9 style woofer I can trade for an AR3a woofer. Thanks!

good luck Chris!

I will be reaching out soon for some tweeter work, Winter is when I really do most of my rehabs.

Geoff

8 hours ago, Chris1this1 said:

playing very well, just that there are cosmetic issues from a previous reform attempt, and would like to eventually replace the woofers

Another option might be to send them to Bill LeGall. My AR-91 woofers looked bad and Bill fixed them up. Look at this thread. If you scroll down near the bottom (wish the posts were still numbered) you'll see before & after.  They went from ugly & amateurish to like new. Price was very reasonable as I recall.

6 minutes ago, Chris1this1 said:

Very nice work, but I should have mentioned, I really am in search of original dust caps in tact...for no reason other than I like that look over a replacement one installed. 

You can phone Bill and tell him what you want. I'm sure he can accommodate you and you'll know it's done right http://www.millersound.net/contact-bill-legall-millersound.html

11 hours ago, stupidhead said:

good luck Chris!

I will be reaching out soon for some tweeter work, Winter is when I really do most of my rehabs.

Geoff

Bring it on! I took the summer off too for the most part