The Classic Speaker Pages Discussion Forums
Pete B

Carl Richard (Carlspeak) RIP 11-11-2017

Forwarding this from our CAS (CT Audio Society) club email, Carl was too young at only 74
he will be missed.  His favorite quote was:
"Love one another, we're all we've got." 
 Pete Basel:

SAD NEWS
In this morning's Courant, there is a death notice for Carl Richard. Died on Nov 11 from long
illness with cancer. Carl was simply a Wonderful Person!  So Kind, So Helpful, So generous
with his time and talents. 
He will be very much missed by all of us. Prayers for Carl and his family.

Sad news, indeed. Carl contributed much generosity and good work to this forum. Thanks for posting, Pete.

I don't post here very often any more, but I still read the forums every day.  Carl was one of those people that make this forum special.  I am grateful for all the information I've learned from him.  May he rest in peace.

-Joel

Carl helped me out with a few projects over the past few years and rescued me when I couldn't log into my Classic Speaker Pages account. I visited him a couple times in the last few years to listen to some of his projects and adopt his AR3a's that were used to develop his own upgrade to that model AR. I will miss him. GOD speed Carl.

-T

Wow. I just saw this. I had been wondering why he hadn't posted for a while. Very sad to read of this. He was always very helpful and his articles were always backed up by data.

RIP Carl

Obituary:

Carl E. Richard, 74, of Enfield, beloved husband and best friend of 50 years to Sandra (Drumm) Richard, passed away November 11, 2017 after courageously battling cancer for over 20 years. He was the most loving father to daughter, Jennifer and her husband, Rich Cecarelli, and son, Jason and his wife, April. He took tremendous joy and great pride in being a "Papa" to his grandchildren, Charlotte and Andy Cecarelli, and Liliana and Maxwell Richard. Born August 8, 1943, Carl was the youngest son of Imelda Richard and was predeceased by his sister Rita, and brothers Harry and Raymond Richard. He grew up in Windsor Locks, CT. He graduated from STCC with an Associate's Degree in Machine Design and later WNEC with a Bachelor's of Business. Carl worked for Ahlstrom Dexter in Windsor Locks for 32 years as a Research and Design Engineer, and retired at the age of 62 to explore his many interests. Carl had many hobbies. He learned to play guitar in his early years before discovering a love for photography, and later audio speaker building and classical music. He loved watching the Red Sox and the Patriots play. He was an avid bowler, scoring a perfect 300 game in 2001. Carl also enjoyed traveling, cooking, fine wine and always had a curious, investigative mind. His favorite quote was "Love one another, we're all we've got." Carl's family wishes to thank the staff at the St. Francis Cancer Center for all of their care and support throughout the years. Services have been entrusted to Leete-Stevens Enfield Chapels. A celebration of Carl's life will be held privately. Donations in Carl's memory may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN 38105. For more information, or to leave online expressions of condolence, please visit www.Leetestevens.com.

Published in The Hartford Courant on Nov. 14, 2017

DavidR emailed earlier today, and alerted me to Carl's passing.  I thank him for that.  Also, what a shock about Carl.  A genuinely nice guy.  Always helpful, with a great attitude, that was so welcoming.  I will miss him, and his contributions to CSP.  R.I.P.

On 11/21/2017 at 9:51 PM, teknofossil said:

Carl helped me out with a few projects over the past few years and rescued me when I couldn't log into my Classic Speaker Pages account. I visited him a couple times in the last few years to listen to some of his projects and adopt his AR3a's that were used to develop his own upgrade to that model AR. I will miss him. GOD speed Carl.

-T

I think that Carl called his upgrade the Super AR-3a or something like that.

Does anyone have a pair?  I'd like to hear from people who bought them.

He also designed the "Intimates" that were shown at RMAF by Madisound and Carl

had hoped that Madisound would offer them as a kit.  I'm thinking of contacting them

to see if they'd like to do it in his memory.  I'd also like to hear from anyone who 

bought or built his Intimates.

RIP Carl.   Always enjoyed reading his posts.  Seemed like a genuine nice guy.

I've contacted Madisound to inform them of Carl's passing and suggested that they might

want to reconsider offering his Intimate speakers (Madisound showed them at RMAF)  as a kit.

Also informed the AES.

That is Carl's thread there, but the design went through many very different iterations.

The idea was a kit of parts including all the drivers and crossover parts, build your own

boxes or buy prefab and cut out for the drivers.

He had a CNC shop do the driver cut outs.

Thanks for the heads-up Pete... very sad news. If it wasn't for Carl's help moderating and nudging me to fix things, The Classic Speaker Pages may have not have made it this far.

Mark

Hello All,

Been a couple years since I was on this site and I’m so sorry to hear of Carl’s passing. He refurbished my ‘67 AR-4xs back in ‘09. A fabulous human being, so knowledgeable and helpful. And his comments were always just the best on this site. Much love to his family, he will be greatly missed,

Kieran

On 11/14/2017 at 11:11 AM, Pete B said:
Forwarding this from our CAS (CT Audio Society) club email, Carl was too young at only 74
he will be missed.  His favorite quote was:
"Love one another, we're all we've got." 
 Pete Basel:

SAD NEWS
In this morning's Courant, there is a death notice for Carl Richard. Died on Nov 11 from long
illness with cancer. Carl was simply a Wonderful Person!  So Kind, So Helpful, So generous
with his time and talents. 
He will be very much missed by all of us. Prayers for Carl and his family.

RIP Carl

Only today, in 2019, did I read about Carl’s passing. He left me with a great impression from the exchanges we had back in the day.

Someone sent me a pm that led me to the news this morning.

Bill