The Classic Speaker Pages Discussion Forums
Swampfox77

ADS L1 ?

Recently scored a set of the rarely heard from ADS L1's.  They have a black finish with the metal grill and corners that are on a 45 degree.  I was never able to find out much about them before i picked them up.  Why is that?  I read where they are "mythical" and rare.   So anyways I am enjoying them.  They have really sweet tweeters for sure.  They are the only speakers that I can play at dead flat across the tone board on my yamaha cr2020 and be totally happy.  I usually throw one notch or two above flat on the highs for most of my other speakers.   They are keepers no questions asked.  But just wondering why I do not see them around often.  Any info on them would be great.  Thanks

On 1/19/2018 at 8:26 AM, Swampfox77 said:

I did live in Tampa and St. Pete in the early 2000's.  Worked for US Airways there.  But now I live in Raleigh, NC.  Back in my home state. 

Good move

I am currently (still suffering after 31 years) in Kalifornia but am going to go back home as soon as it warms up a little, Lord willing

If I have to crawl on my hands and knees

I'm from Greenville