Avid Model 103

Mrberrem

Hello all,

I've recently acquired a pair of Avid Model 103's that are in great shape. The only issue with them is that the fuse won't hold in one of the speakers. It appears that there is a little tab that pops up to hold the fuse in for contact. The tab, of course, appears to have snapped off. I'm wondering if it is possible to get a new fuse casing for these speakers or if I will have to rig something? Would rather get a new one if at all possible considering everything else is in great shape and original.

Thanks for the help.

Hello all,

I've recently acquired a pair of Avid Model 103's that are in great shape. The only issue with them is that the fuse won't hold in one of the speakers. It appears that there is a little tab that pops up to hold the fuse in for contact. The tab, of course, appears to have snapped off. I'm wondering if it is possible to get a new fuse casing for these speakers or if I will have to rig something? Would rather get a new one if at all possible considering everything else is in great shape and original.

Thanks for the help.

This is a common problem. It is not easy to find original Avid fuse holders. By-passing the fuse is the easiest way to go, and not difficult to do.

Roy

Hello all,

Thanks for the help.

Hi there

Could you please post a photo or two of the cap and body, please.

I am not familiar with this brand and so I do not have first hand knowledge of

the fuseholder in actual use.

Is this a 5/8" square body Littlefuse fuseholder with a 1/4" x 1 1/4" fuse?

If so, there is usually a few different ones on ebuy.

Mind you, there is also look-a-likes as well.

There may also be metric sizing which may be larger or smaller than our 5/8" x 5/8" size.

The ones that may be suitable, that I am referring to, if applicable,

have white or red caps but, are at least they're original, Littlefuse, fuseholders.

Black caps and body were the most popular pair.

Also another option, if this is a Littlefuse unit, most larger cities have older surplus

electronc or ham operators stores for such parts.

There was not many square body fuseholders, usually they are round.

Here is a photo off ebuy of an original Littlefuse square fuseholder, but with a white cap.

The body and cap were each sold separately, they both came in different colours, you could mix and match them.

Good luck.

post-101040-0-31471000-1305090271_thumb.

• 7 years later...

Archived