Console with AR badge

ra.ra

These images are a little bit unusual. While I understand that the AR factory occasionally filled a "custom" order, I'd be hard-pressed to think that these items were factory assembled by AR. Can it be assumed that each of these consoles might contain an unfinished AR-2, and that the AR badge has been removed from the original grille and relocated to the front of this enclosure's grille cloth? While many early AR's were set into various large console cabinet voids, this is somewhat unique where the console is precisely configured to fit the original speaker cab dimensions, and the speaker badge has been proudly displayed on the front face of the furniture.

Not much info to go on, but see post #168 in this thread

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=359369&page=12

post-112624-0-95851800-1411045455_thumb. post-112624-0-16453300-1411045471_thumb.

These images are a little bit unusual. While I understand that the AR factory occasionally filled a "custom" order, I'd be hard-pressed to think that these items were factory assembled by AR. ..

Nice, looks like some custom office furniture. One of my uncles in western Mass was a cabinet maker who could have easily cranked those out :)

Archived