AR3a's; could it be?

VintageMan

• 1 month later...

Next to the AR3a Improved I have 2 sets AR3a's.

1 set is a first series, the second uses a same sort of woofer like the Improved.

This second set is also at the restorer to get new foam and a rebuild crossover and new L-Pads.

• 1 month later...

Last weekend one of my 2 AR3a sets returned home after being re-foamed and the filters rebuild with components I've got via Kent (and RoyC).

This set is a second series I believe.

In my personal opinion, and first impression, they sound better then the AR3a Improved that we also restored.

• 1 month later...

Today, as the weather was great, I started working on the finish of my 2nd set AR3a.

This set I use every day.

It just needed a rubdown and new oil which got from Vintage-AR.

DSC02569.JPG

DSC02570.JPG

Now they need to dry for 48 to 72hrs :wacko:

I also started working on the colour of the AR "XL"-stands.

DSC02571.JPG

They have their first of 3 Mahogany layers.

We have got the same infection... cabs and stands look really nice.

Luckily we are not too interested in vintage harvesters.

Best Regards

Kimmo

Your stands look like the originals (I have a pair) except about twice as tall. I too look forward to the finished product.

der

Your stands look like the originals (I have a pair) except about twice as tall. I too look forward to the finished product.

der

The wide measurements are as the original stands, just the legs and the cross-legs are a little bigger.

As the are 60cm high we needed to add an additional cross-leg for more strength.

Original legs are: 3,2cm x 3,2cm

XL legs: 4,5cm x 4,5cm

The original cross-legs: 7cm x 2cm

The XL cross-legs: 7,5cm x 2cm and additional cross-legs: 5cm x 2cm

Looking good and I am enjoying your progress and reports.

I would love to have been outside putting a finish on speaker cabinets this weekend but it would have ended up having a "smoky' finish. I am sure Rogert can attest.

Looking good and I am enjoying your progress and reports.

I would love to have been outside putting a finish on speaker cabinets this weekend but it would have ended up having a "smoky' finish. I am sure Rogert can attest.

I was out there working on my Adcom ... I think you are smokier up there than we are here ... the Adcom is waiting for a test drive.

Archived