AR-3, AR-1 grille material

JKent

Please see this thread: http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Board/index.php?showtopic=7250&pid=92987&st=0entry92987'>http://www.classicsp...t=0 where we discuss the Mellotone acoustic material for early AR-3 (NOT 3a) and AR-1 speakers.

I bought quite a bit, and have some left over. A piece 12" x 24" will cover one grille frame if applied like the original, with the material hanging over the long edge (the frame is 11 3/8" wide).

If anyone is interested, I'll sell TWO 12" x 24" pieces--enough for a pair of speakers--, shipped via Priority Mail within the US, for $20.00* (includes postage).

Attached is an instruction pamphlet with photos. PM me if you have any questions.

Kent

*edit--Sorry. Had to increase the price a bit to cover the PayPal fee and cost of shipping a Medium USPS Priority Mail tube.

edit--Revised instructions Feb. 2014

edit--Revised instructions September 2014. Change in grille frame dimensions.

Replacing the AR3 Grille 4.pdf

Sorry, I didn't look carefully enough.

I thought it was AR3a material.

Glad you caught that. This is only for the AR-3 (or AR-1)

Kent

• 3 months later...

Still have some. Should also have nice reproduction brass "3" and "a" logos before Christmas. Price to be determined.

Kent

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So, I could totally use this cloth. I was just looking at that page about making the grills. And really interested in some "3" badges. You don't have a line on the AR logos, do you?

Still have some grille material left. Also have solid brass "AR INC" logos (in 2 sizes) and "3" badges.

Please PM me if interested. For some reason I do not receive notices of followed threads.

Kent

post-101828-0-70026100-1389131591_thumb.

post-101828-0-37497500-1389131599_thumb.

• 2 months later...

Archived