WTB Dynaco A 25 XL drivers

Dchristie

Hi folks, I recently had an electrical misshap with my refurbished Dynaco A 25 XL speakers and unfortunately destroyed both tweeters and the bass drivers. As you all know, the XL series used different drivers than the original A 25 speakers so finding the separate bass and tweeter drivers has not been easy. I noticed a couple of pairs of 25 XL speakers available on Ebay, but I would have to buy the complete set of speakers and I do not need the cabinets ( not to mention that shipping the speaker with cabinets adds considerably to the expense). My cabinets are fine so components are all that I need.

Anyway, thought I would check here first and inquire if anyone has any spare drivers they would be willing to sell to me before I consider plan B (Ebay).

I can be reached at 509-443-7196 ( Spokane, WA) or my email is dean.christie@bayer.com

Thanks

Dean

As another option to buying XL components for my damaged A-25 XL speakers, I would also like to throw out an offer to trade a pair of perfectly good functional Classic A-25 bass drivers and tweeters for the same XL components. I currently have an extra pair of the original A-25 speaker components that I am willing to trade for.

So, if any of you are not happy with your XL speakers and would prefer to have the original version, please get in touch with me and perhaps we could just exchange drivers for drivers. I assume the cabinet volumes and driver cut outs are the same for both models although the crossovers would have to be modified to some extent to accomodate the different components.

Archived