Replacement midrange speaker for AR12?

igbee

Hello,

I have a pair of AR-12 speakers but one has a blown midrange speaker. I have been monitoring ebay to see if I could ever buy a replacement but it has been several months and I have not seen one.

I was in touch with someone who would sell me a drop in replacement made by Pioneer. I'm not sure what the model is but are there any other options like this? I know it won't be true to the original sound but I'd like to keep using them while I wait for the real deal to show up used. (Alternately if anyone here has anything, shoot me a message)

Thanks,

Ian

I've got at least one of those same Pioneer mids. Sold a few over the years and heard no complaints. Don't think they are available commercially any longer.

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the reply - what is it about the Pioneer mid that makes it a good fit? Size? Frequency response?

Do you have 2?

Thanks,

Ian

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the reply - what is it about the Pioneer mid that makes it a good fit? Size? Frequency response?

Do you have 2?

Thanks,

Ian

Yes, I have 2. The OD is 5 1/8th inches and the mounting clearance hole should be 4 1/8th. The Pioneer P/N is FD100P61-06F, 8 ohm. PM me for price if interested.

This section is an amazing resource, but I'm having trouble reading the specifications. Is it possible to find a speaker that will match if I can decode this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2i9gzp2pw6rywj/AR-Drawing198.TIF?dl=0

What part did you want to read. Not sure how reading this would help you find a driver.

post-173498-0-83954700-1430784299_thumb.

Roger

Archived