AR92 Possibility

DavidDru

well, it's a 10" version of the AR91.....same midrange/tweet, and probably better transition between the 10" woof and midrange than the 91's transition between the 12" and the midrange, but you'll give up a bit of the deep digging

think of it as a more modern AR5....

Man, little love for the 92's I guess? Pat, Roy C said the exact same thing about it being a more modern version of the 5.

Now have an opportunity for some 48's. Fellow enthusiast friend I am getting a pair of Wharfedale W35's from has four of the 48's. Ha! Neither of us know what they are worth.

• 1 month later...

Do I need them? Should I want them? I don't like vinyl I guess. Would rather have the 91's.

So I just texted a guy that is selling a pair of LST's here on CList. He has them at the ridiculous price of $1800! He said they are heading to the big auction site Tuesday. I asked where he got them and his reply: Thrift store for $15.

Shipping issues frequently can make it difficult to get great prices on certain outstanding, but large vintage speakers.

One couldn't come close to the quality of the LST, AR-9, or AR-90 for anywhere near $1800 with a new speaker.

At auction, the LSTs usually bring somewhere around $1500/pr in all sorts of conditions.

If you've got the money to spend & he's within driving distance, you might be able to talk him down a bit, and own one of the best loudspeakers ever manufactured.

Do I need them? Should I want them? I don't like vinyl I guess. Would rather have the 91's.

So I just texted a guy that is selling a pair of LST's here on CList. He has them at the ridiculous price of $1800! He said they are heading to the big auction site Tuesday. I asked where he got them and his reply: Thrift store for $15.

vinyl? I'm pretty sure the 92's were walnut....

Went and looked at them tonight. Didn't listen. They are very clean with everything in tact. Vinyl. Smaller than I figured they would be.

Didn't pull the trigger but told him I still might. Argh

I have the AR3's. Why would I want these?

Went and looked at them tonight. Didn't listen. They are very clean with everything in tact. Vinyl. Smaller than I figured they would be.

Didn't pull the trigger but told him I still might. Argh

I have the AR3's. Why would I want these?

bedroom system? system for your kids? just because? ;)

I know, I know. Most of those "other" system location options already have something in them. (KLH Model 5 in the Master, son has the AR18s, etc).

Then there's Klaus that would probably be jumping up and down with joy if these came along near him there in Denmark. B)

Then there's Klaus that would probably be jumping up and down with joy if these came along near him there in Denmark. B)

Naa, I don't really fancy the 92, I find them kind of ugly. There's been a set for sale for a long time for around 85 US$ here in DK, they are finally gone of the list.

BRgds Klaus

• 5 weeks later...

Offer $150. They are fine speakers, and are an updated AR5 as others have said, using drivers derived from the AR9 series. I picked up a restored pair a few years ago. I am using my pair in our summer house, driven by a restored Fisher 400 receiver. Not quite enough power but the combination does sound very good.

Archived