Advent Woofer and Stacked Setup

tnt1451

Hello, I've got two pretty basic questions, or so I think...

Luckily when my father upgraded his sound system in the early ninety's, he saved all four of his NLA's. But at a garage sale about 7 years ago, my father put them up for sale, no takers, phew, but he did sell a pair of the advent woofers that were in the currently unused pair of NLA's.

Are there any places that sell new woofer replacements? I know ebay has them used but he won't help pay for them if I get used ones. I saw some on Simply Speakers for $130 per woofer, and thought that seemed a bit high. What price should I look for for a new woofer? Used woofer?

My second question is for after when I get the other woofers so I can have stacked advents. Is there a specific way on how to hook up the wiring for stacked advents? Or does it depend on what type of reciever you have?

Thanks for any help,

Tyson

Hello, I've got two pretty basic questions, or so I think...

Luckily when my father upgraded his sound system in the early ninety's, he saved all four of his NLA's. But at a garage sale about 7 years ago, my father put them up for sale, no takers, phew, but he did sell a pair of the advent woofers that were in the currently unused pair of NLA's.

Are there any places that sell new woofer replacements? I know ebay has them used but he won't help pay for them if I get used ones. I saw some on Simply Speakers for $130 per woofer, and thought that seemed a bit high. What price should I look for for a new woofer? Used woofer?

My second question is for after when I get the other woofers so I can have stacked advents. Is there a specific way on how to hook up the wiring for stacked advents? Or does it depend on what type of reciever you have?

Thanks for any help,

Tyson

Hi there

The Larger Advent was and is still a fantastic speaker system, stock.

Your best source for a satisfactory original woofer replacement, is used, even if needing refoamed.

Anything else is a compromise and is not the suggested path to take.

If you want stacked LA's, you need another pair of utility or oiled walnut cabinets.

Stacking them upright with tweeters together and off the floor at least a foot.

The cabinets are wired in parallel which gives the amplifiers a 4 ohm load.

Used ones will be about $25.00 each and will without a doubt need refoaming, another $25.00+/- each

from a business or $10.00+/- each for do-it-yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Replacement woofers for the New Large Advent can be found for $84.50 each at AB Tech Services. http://www.abtechser...mntspeaker.html

If you find used New Large Advent woofers that need foam surround replacement, that is easily done yourself or George and Alison at http://stores.ebay.c...Stereo-and-More do a professional job.

To stack Advents put one upside-down on top of the other and wire them in parallel.

music4v.jpg

Archived