Allison 3 or Bose 901

acoustic speaker

Looking for some opinions. I have a living room that is 12' wide and 15' long. One narrow end of the room is just a flat wall, the other narrow end of the room has a half wall divider and on the other side of the divider is an entryway and kitchen. So in effect a long sort of tunnel space. We would like to hear music anywhere in the living room part or kitchen. We will not have a dedicated listening seat so to speak. So my choices would be either the Allison 3s in the corners of the 12' closed wall or Bose 901s in the same place, but not in the corners. Any thoughts on either of these speakers in these postions?

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for some opinions. I have a living room that is 12' wide and 15' long. One narrow end of the room is just a flat wall, the other narrow end of the room has a half wall divider and on the other side of the divider is an entryway and kitchen. So in effect a long sort of tunnel space. We would like to hear music anywhere in the living room part or kitchen. We will not have a dedicated listening seat so to speak. So my choices would be either the Allison 3s in the corners of the 12' closed wall or Bose 901s in the same place, but not in the corners. Any thoughts on either of these speakers in these postions?

Either will work, but what sound do you like?

Bose speakers tend to emphasize the low and high frequencies sacrificing the mids. Allisons tend to be flatter.

Archived