...Finaly got some Allison One's

dee1949

....got a great pair of the One's with xcellent grilles and cabinets. Of course Foam rot. Already ordered the foam surrounds.

Can't wait to compare them to my rebuilt Maggies MG-1's. In days of future's past I also had a pair of DCM Time Windows and a pair of Shahinian Obelisk.

Wondering how they would compare to the One's....these are the early ONE's ...low digit serials?

Major problem for setup is getting them against a wall. The Maggies need to be placed out in the room for best results.

For good old loud ROCK I still have my Klipsch Forte II's. Totally different sound I imagine.

Any helpful HINTS appreciated. Doesn't seem like there are many Allision LUVERS.

....got a great pair of the One's with xcellent grilles and cabinets. Of course Foam rot. Already ordered the foam surrounds.

Can't wait to compare them to my rebuilt Maggies MG-1's. In days of future's past I also had a pair of DCM Time Windows and a pair of Shahinian Obelisk.

Wondering how they would compare to the One's....these are the early ONE's ...low digit serials?

Major problem for setup is getting them against a wall. The Maggies need to be placed out in the room for best results.

For good old loud ROCK I still have my Klipsch Forte II's. Totally different sound I imagine.

Any helpful HINTS appreciated. Doesn't seem like there are many Allision LUVERS.

I have about 10 hours on my pair of One's and I have to admit, now that the surrounds are breaking in, I like them. Keep in mind that not only against the wall but try to keep them about 2 feet from corners as well. I have mind setup this way.

From what I have read here and if you have not already done so, subscribe to the Allison Yahoo Group:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allison-speakers/

be very careful of the tinsel leads to the mids and tweeters, VERY fragile. Which version model ones do you have? From what I have seen, there are 2 variants. One with gold binding posts in the front baffle and the other without. The version without are setup for bi-amping as well.

Yank

• 4 weeks later...

.....Made a mistake....these are actually Allison Two's......they have the 8" woofers but same midrange and tweeters.

Just had all 4 woofers professionally refoamed and slowly breaking them in. They have a beautiful sound with a WIDE

soundstage. Great highs and midrange. Unfortunately I can't get them against a wall, so I am missing a lot of their design benefits.

For that reason I might SELL them. The grills are 100% and cabinets are a 8.5. They look and sound BEAUTIFUL. As nice a pair as you will find.

FOR SALE ..................If anyone in Washington DC area is interested (No shipping) the price is..............$600.00 - Allison Two

.....audition them Before buying in zip 20017

For now, I will have to stay with my moded Maggies (MG-1). What is amazing , that the Allison's being a box speaker, has a similar sound

to the Maggies...a bipolar planar speaker. I know I will regret it. But, from the picture you can see.....no available wall space.

"Every picture tells a STORY....Don't it."

post-103895-1234983280.jpg

• 10 years later...
3 hours ago, melvin carpenter said:

Allison 2, 16 ohm woofers, seem some what difficult to locate. is there anyone out there who has any to sell. I, would be interested.

Hi Melvin,

I saw some, on EBay within the last few weeks.

Don’t know if they are still there but worth a look.

Bill

Archived