Mistake made, lesson learned

dynaco_dan

Hi there

I just realized something interesting.

Instead of using my Pan FZ-20 camera which is only 5 MP and instead took some photos with my my Nikon 12 mp camera.

These were my in progress Dynaco A-50 cleanup photos.

They are all over the 2 mb limit.

Unless anyone can suggest how to reduce them I can't post any.

Hi Vern

There are a number of programs that can be used to re-size pictures, including the very expensive Photoshop. But if you are using a Windows computer, download the FREE Windows Live. It is a nice editor that will eliminate red eyes, crop, and perform many other editing functions. AND it will re-size your photos. Give it a try.

Here's something else that's even simpler:

http://download.cnet...4-10297789.html

It's easy to use. Open a picture from the "File" menu, use the drop-down list to select the"scale" (I uses inches), fill in a new width OR height but be sure to check "aspect ratio". Click "resize image" then click "analyze" and it will show you the original size in Kb and the new size. I quickly re-sized a 2100kb pic to 68kb.

Kent

Hi Kent and Ken

Thank you both for your tips and comments for me.

I've already taken the photos and they cannot be duplicated again.

I am aware that we can initially decrease the photo quality but I can't redo any snaps.

This is the first time I've had this problem.

I'm not certain if my 5 MP and my 12 MP save, by default, different file sizes.

I'll try your advice Kent, thank you again.

The photos show several steps I took to remove the A-50 cabinet paint.

• 2 weeks later...

Dan, why not print the photos and then scan them. Perhaps the software in your scanner can adjust the file size. They may not be as sharp or clear but at least you'll be able to post them.

Hi there

Thank you as well for your idea.

• 4 weeks later...

in windows xp, you can reduce the size. Bring up windows explorer (Flag-E). Right click on the picture file, choose send to email recipient. You can then choose the size...the default is pretty small, but there are options for more resolution...the easiest way is to just send an email to youreself...the returned email will contain the reduced files.

Archived