J 11 Refoam

Charles218

In September 2007, Pepperdog posted the following on this forum -

"As for re-foaming, I'd get the surrounds from Snell, or ask them if a good aftermarket surround is available that approximates the roll size and roll thickness of the surround so that the woofers will perform the same, and have the same compliance when mounted in the boxes.

Remember, the box was enginered to work with the drivers (and vice versa) to achieve the sound quality and performance (voice) Snell wanted. The wrong surrounds will ruin the dynamics and sonic character of the speaker, and Snell uses somewhat thin and flexible woofer surrounds."

I need to replace the surrounds on my J 11's as opposed to replacements from Snell and am looking for guidance on where to purchase them so that I can do the job myself. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Charles

for my EIII's and K's, I bought new drivers from snell. they came with new crossovers and cost a small fortune (well, for vifa drivers they did.)

I hear people have good results with the guy who sells the surround kits on ebay. He can do it for you too. Just search snell and look under electronics. these about 25 buy now for this guy - always

Dan

I hear people have good results with the guy who sells the surround kits on ebay. He can do it for you too. Just search snell and look under electronics. these about 25 buy now for this guy - always

Dan

Dan,

After looking around and finding numerous people selling surrounds, I went with a fellow down in Florida. He was quick to respond to my questions and said that he had foams that were made for my model Snell's. Only time will tell how well they work.

Thanks!

Charles

Archived