AR - drivers cross reference table?

VintageMan

I'm wondering if there is a drivers reference table or overview schema of which drivers are used in which model?

Example: If you have a AR3 and your tweeter is death you could buy a set of AR2ax to get a replacement tweeter. (not sure if this is true :rolleyes: )

There's this

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/library/acoustic_research/special_sections/additional_ar_documents/ar_parts_list_price_sheet_a/ar_parts_list_and_price_she_2.html#previous-photo

in the library. Not necessarily complete, but helpful. And in your example question I believe the ohm rating would be a problem.

VM:

I have never seen a reference chart similar to what you are seeking, but mr. head is correct to suggest that the price lists are excellent references regarding which models used particular drivers. A bit more tedious, but of equally great interest, is to take time to view the original AR drawings in the library. These drawings show all sorts of interesting bits of information - - timelines, specs, full component lists, crossovers, model revisions, dimensions, and more. Keep in mind, though, that is it is sometimes difficult to find precisely what you are looking for.

Also, mr. head's mention of ohm rating refers to the speaker's nominal impedance, which begins to sneak into that mysterious world of electrical circuitry terminology. Always be careful with the spelling of this term - - - not to be confused with impotence. :blink:

Archived