Setting up a snell website, image/specs library ect.

Guest jones

Guest jones

Hello fellow Snell fans!

I bought the domain www.snell.no (nothing there, yet). My first thought is to get a image/specs library of ALL Snell Acoustics modells. I have some info, but i need much much more. I also have alot of specs on the earlier models. (the big focus will be the classic/earlier modells)

I want this site to be in english (im from Norway). My english isnt the best, so i want a partner who writes good english. I might also set up a forum, as i would think snell.no could get alot more people than this one (no affens). I have some ideas to how the site could get LOTS of hits.

Im a decent webdesigner (not pro at all, but did work freelance for about 1 year). Im not the best with scripts and coding, so if anyone have some skills and wanna help, drop me a line.

My history with Snell:

When i was about 10-11 years old, my uncle got his hands on a pair of Snell C (the orgiginal Cs). With a powerfull Pioneer amp (like 2x400w). His a DJ and had alot of cool stuff, like a synth with a sampler (very rear in 1990), drummachine, and like 5000 LPs. I cant even describe all the good times we had in his house.. From there, i couldent have any other speaker than snell, had the J IV for some years, and some day i finally got my hands on the Snell Ci`s. I thought this would be an improved version of the Snell C, but im sorry to say that so far i like the Cs more... But changing the room and getting more amp power might change my mind :) I also have the Snell K.5 as rear speakers and the Snell CC1 as center. Its an ok first Snell setup. My big dream is the Snell XA Reference..... :(

My uncle now has the Snell XA90, with his old Snell Cs as rear speakers (!!!!!!!). The sound is incredible... I LOVE it.

So if theres anyone out there wanna partner up, or just help out some with the text on the wensite, answer in this thread or email me at snell@snell.no. If you want, i could set up snell.no email/alias for you, unless the name is taken.

Ideas to the site is also very welcome.

BTW; I have emailed Snell support about this site, and if they have any problems with it. Thats about 6 months ago, no reply. So i will go on with the site until i get a "no go". But i really cant see the problem with it.

Guest Bluzmaster

Great idea. I am working on a pair of Type A's. As you will note by my comments in the two most recent strings after this one, I have noticed a lot of confusion about specific drivers and their ohms, etc. used in the early Snells.

As I mentioned in my yesterday post in the "Classic Snells" string, I also think it would be a good idea to begin compiling serial numbers in reference to the specifics of the components used in a particular model, at a particular time in the production run to aid in sorting out any changes in components during the run that may have happened.

JH

Guest jones

Im open to everything. No problem adding info on drivers and serial numbers. just email me and il put it out when the design is finished.

btw, a snell.no email adress wasent only for my helpers/partners, but for all snell fans out there. You can also get an alias that is forwarded to another emailadress. But i dont know how popular .no is outside of Norway. But i do think the snell.no can be a solid base for all the snell fans out there.

I would certainly agree that a dedicated web site is needed for the

Classic Snells. I couldn't even find a good picture of the Type A.

Anyone know what issue of Audio and others that they were reviewed

in? I'd like to see the input impedance plot to positively determine

the mid and tweeter impedances.

All from Audio Magazine but I do not see the original Type A review:

June 1999

Snell Acoustics XA 90ps speaker

September 1998

Snell E.5 speaker

November 1997

Auricles:

Snell Acousics RCS 1000 room correction system*

April 1995

Auricles: Snell Type A music reference speaker*

September 1992

Snell Type B speakers

Guest Bluzmaster
I would certainly agree that a dedicated web site is needed for the

Classic Snells. I couldn't even find a good picture of the Type A.

Anyone know what issue of Audio and others that they were reviewed

in? I'd like to see the input impedance plot to positively determine

the mid and tweeter impedances.

All from Audio Magazine:

June 1999

Snell Acoustics XA 90ps speaker

September 1998

Snell E.5 speaker

November 1997

Auricles:

Snell Acousics RCS 1000 room correction system*

April 1995

Auricles: Snell Type A music reference speaker*

September 1992

Snell Type B speakers

Pete -

Snell Type A Review

Stereophile, March 1978 issue

Reviewed by J. Gordon Holt

Joe

Pete -

Snell Type A Review

Stereophile, March 1978 issue

Reviewed by J. Gordon Holt

Joe

I didn't see an impedance plot in the Stereophile Type A reviews, did I

miss it? Here it is online:

http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/378snell/

The 1995 Audio review was of the completely new tower version.

I want this site to be in english (im from Norway). My english isnt the best, so i want a partner who writes good english. I might also set up a forum, as i would think snell.no could get alot more people than this one (no affens). I have some ideas to how the site could get LOTS of hits.

No offense taken. If you are successful setting up a classic Snell website, I would be glad to link to it from here. I added this Snell forum because I had multiple requests, but haven't opened up a Snell Library area because of the volume of work I have pending in the sections that already exist.

Mark

Guest jones
No offense taken. If you are successful setting up a classic Snell website, I would be glad to link to it from here. I added this Snell forum because I had multiple requests, but haven't opened up a Snell Library area because of the volume of work I have pending in the sections that already exist.

Mark

wow.. what a admin! Thank you for beeing so cool about this! A link would be superb! Il get back to you when its all finished.

I am now working on the design,creating an database and gathering all the info and images i have. But i really need more. So if all with images and info could email me these to snell@snell.no it would be very apprechiated!

The dedicated forums are also up and running http://www.snell.no/forum

• 12 years later...