Smaller Advent Crossover

Guest JeremyShaffer

Guest JeremyShaffer

I'm looking to either rebuild or replace a crossover in a Advent Smaller Loudspeaker. I could rebuild if I had a schematic with the values of some of the components. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

>Jeremy,

>

>I found a schematic for the Smaller Advent here:

>

>http://macro.lsu.edu/russo/QuAdvent/QuAdvent_2.htm

>

>Doug

That's an interesting link, however I'd like to point out a few errors. There is no way the inductor on the tweeter is 31 mH more likely .31 mH, but who knows how he measured it.

He states that the first figure is the electrical frequency response, and the second input impedance. The two are linked to the same image and look the same. It is obviously not frequency response.

The input impedance should rise at HF, something was wrong with his measurement.

Still, looks like he's having fun, wonder how those quads sound.

It is interesting that the main tweeter cap is 8 uF as compared to 16 in the large which approximately doubles the crossover frequency for the small.

Pete B.

>I'm looking to either rebuild or replace a crossover in a

>Advent Smaller Loudspeaker. I could rebuild if I had a

>schematic with the values of some of the components. Anyone

>got any ideas?

>

>Thanks!

I completely agree with Pete B's comments.

If you take out the woofer and box stuffing you will likely see the crossover attached to the inside back of the cabinet. With some study you should be able to rebuild it without the need for a schematic. They are not that complicated. Good luck!

Remember, it's all about the music

Carl

Carl's Custom Loudspeakers

Archived