German made SABA 70 K high quality vintage speakers

Guest Haffe

Guest Haffe

Hallo,

funny, allmost nobody outside of Germany

uses or knows German made top quality vintage speakers.

Some very interesting German high quality speakers were

made by well known German manufacturers like Telefunken (Speaker TL90)

DUAL (Spekers CL190 / Cl180) and Saba-Telewatt (Saba K70 / Saba K50)

as well as "KS" brand made by Kücke & Co Speaker "E 80"...

Back in the 70´s I used to own a pair of very nice medium sized

SABA 70K speakers. (Made by the "Schwäbische Apparatebau Anstalt Stuttgart SABA") I can tell you, they are allmost of the same feel good quality like an old Mercedes-Benz 280SE

- extraordinary solid and well made.

Think the 70K line was their semi professional top of the line consumer speaker with some major parts of their Studio dept.

"KLEIN & HUMMEL (TELEWATT brand) Stuttgart" today both belong to the "Sennheiser Group"

I sold my Rogers ex BBC speakers, because the Sabas K70 really s(w)ing, you wont believe it untill you have the rare chance to listening to a pair of them.

These German speaker guys did a pretty well job.

Sadly my wife wanted a pair of flat type electrostatic speakers so I bought a set of Quads ESL..

Funny I still miss the very good bass response of the SABA 70K..

Saba is highly underrated and undervalued (to my mind...)

Did/does anybody here also use well made german vintage speakers?

Here is a picture of the SABA 70K sorry I dont have an own photo...

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...65605&rd=1&rd=1

Best regards

Yorck

• 4 weeks later...

I think many folks are scared of German audio because many of the hifi table radios were complex and repairs could be tricky. That said, most German items are great quality and when they are working properly, sound wonderful. Engineering is fantastic.

I know a guy from Germany living in the States who collects rare German cinema loudspeakers like huge Klangfilm units. Some of these sell for many thousands of dollars. One example, the speaker magnet weighs over 100 lbs. with the complete driver at about 400 lbs.

• 7 months later...
Hallo,

funny, allmost nobody outside of Germany

uses or knows German made top quality vintage speakers.

Some very interesting German high quality speakers were

made by well known German manufacturers like Telefunken (Speaker TL90)

DUAL (Spekers CL190 / Cl180) and Saba-Telewatt (Saba K70 / Saba K50)

as well as "KS" brand made by Kücke & Co Speaker "E 80"...

Back in the 70´s I used to own a pair of very nice medium sized

SABA 70K speakers. (Made by the "Schwäbische Apparatebau Anstalt Stuttgart SABA") I can tell you, they are allmost of the same feel good quality like an old Mercedes-Benz 280SE

- extraordinary solid and well made.

Think the 70K line was their semi professional top of the line consumer speaker with some major parts of their Studio dept.

"KLEIN & HUMMEL (TELEWATT brand) Stuttgart" today both belong to the "Sennheiser Group"

I sold my Rogers ex BBC speakers, because the Sabas K70 really s(w)ing, you wont believe it untill you have the rare chance to listening to a pair of them.

These German speaker guys did a pretty well job.

Sadly my wife wanted a pair of flat type electrostatic speakers so I bought a set of Quads ESL..

Funny I still miss the very good bass response of the SABA 70K..

Oh Yah!! There are many of us on this side of the Atlantic who are big fans of German-made speakers. I have a set of Elac 170 Mk11's, and a pair of a/d/s L810's. a/d/s speakers are highly sought after on eBay by many people. The Elacs were unknown over here until recently, when they introduced an ultra high-end line of speakers. Braun speakers are also popular, and well respected. MB Quart as well. Saba I am only vaguely aware of.

Cheers

George Clarke

Saba is highly underrated and undervalued (to my mind...)

Did/does anybody here also use well made german vintage speakers?

Here is a picture of the SABA 70K sorry I dont have an own photo...

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...p;rd=1&rd=1

Best regards

Yorck

Archived