Repro Metal labels: KLH, Advent, AR

JKent

I had some reproduction KLH labels made. They're aluminum, and pretty good copies. Shown here. I can also get the larger KLH, but they will also be stick-on aluminum--not cast. 
Also AR logos in solid shiny brass or satin brass, large (for 1,2,3 and small (for TT, 4) 

Also have some solid brass "3"s and "a"s

Dynaco and Advent too.

Sorry--no 3a plates

Questions? email KLHbyJKH@gmail.com
Kent

edit: PRICES VARY SO CONTACT ME. ALL ARE UNDER $10 EACH. SOME ARE $5.

edit: New photos. Please scroll down to Post #14

edit: AR and Dynaco logos are solid brass

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had some reproduction labels made. They're aluminum, and pretty good copies. Shown here. I can also get the larger KLH, but they will also be stick-on aluminum--not cast. Waiting for the KLH logos for the Model Eight and Eleven-W.

$5 each. Questions? email KLHbyJKH@gmail.com

Kent

Hi Kent

Nice looking copies, Kent.

Vern

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'll be ordering some more labels: AR, Advent, KLH. Not sure of pricing yet but should be reasonable. If you have any requests let me know. I can only get laser-engraving on thin aluminum. The large cast KLH labels are unobtainium, as are the thick engraved AR3a and similar or the cutout "3" or "a". But the flat ones are quite good (see 1st post). I also have the BACK labels for the KLH Eight and Thirteen.
Kent

edit: I now have the brass "3" for AR-3 and the "a" for AR-2a and early 2ax

• 9 months later...

I plan to have more made but don't have any yet. Possibly next month. These will be the smaller aluminum stick-on type. I may also get the larger size, also stick-on aluminum. I cannot supply the heavy cast metal ones used on the Five and Twelve (maybe others).

If you are still interested next month please PM me.

Kent

The brass "3" and "a" logos have been shipped and I'm just waiting to get them. Probably Dec 26 or so... Then I'll post photos.

The KLH labels are next up--maybe Jan. Hope to have more of the square AR Inc labels then too.

Thanks for the interest.

Kent

• 2 weeks later...

At long last I have the 3 and a logos. Started a new thread for them.

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Board/index.php?showtopic=7715&st=0&p=96336

Kent

I just tried to PM you and get an error that you can not receive any additional PM's. I would like to get info on how to proceed to order a few logos.

Charles

Charles: Sorry, my message box was full. I'll PM you.

Multi: My engraver told me yesterday that he is sending me a sample. I should have it next week. If you want to PM me your email address I can forward the photo he sent me. It looks good.

Kent

• 5 months later...

Here's the latest: I'm using a new supplier, so I've deleted the photos from earlier posts and will attach photos of the new stuff.

Here is what I have now:

• AR: Small brass "AR INC." for 4 series and turntable. Large brass "AR INC." for AR-1,2,3. Brass "a" for 2a. Brass "3" for 3
  • dynaco: Brass dynaco speaker logo
  • Advent: OLA type aluminum logo used on several models
  • KLH: Aluminum "KLH" stick-on in 2 sizes suitable for most KLH speakers. I don't have the heavy cast logos that were used on the Five, Twelve and others but the large aluminum ones look right until you examine them closely. Also have all of the metal labels and logos for the Model Eight, Thirteen and their associated speakers. KLH logo for the Model Eleven Suitcase.

That's all for now but if there is sufficient interest I can have other aluminum or brass plates made.

Anybody have a Cizek logo I could borrow?

PM me with your needs and I'll quote a discounted price for CSP members.

Kent

post-101828-0-46528900-1372362651_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have the Cizek logos now. These "may" not be exact duplicates--Cizek seems to have had several different styles and colors. These are glossy black with bright brass lettering. About 1.75" x 1".

The Cizek Model One brochure here http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/library/cizek_2/cizek_brochures/cizek_model_one_brochure/ seems to show gold lettering on a brown or black background. The badges shown in our Library http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/library/cizek_2/cizek_pictures/cizek_badges/ show two versions from Model Ones — “The one with black background/gold lettering is from an earlier set S/N 1675 and 1709 when Cizek was at 149 California Street in Newton, MA and the one with gold background/brown lettering is from later set, S/N GF-1313 and GF-1315 when Cizek was at 15 Stevens Street in Andover, MA” These appear to be flat, engraved.

I was able to borrow a badge from a Model Two. It was embossed aluminum—gold lettering on a brown background.

So I believe the badges I have are authentic for at least the earlier Cizeks.

The very first Cizeks, made in Bloomington Indiana and the last ones made in Torrence CA used a different style badge altogether.

Kent

post-101828-0-02967500-1378938683_thumb.

• 2 years later...

The very first Cizeks, made in Bloomington Indiana and the last ones made in Torrence CA used a different style badge altogether.

I should have reproductions of the Cizek HTA logo soon and I believe these may also be appropriate for the Bloomington-era as well. I also have a limited number of Dynaco amp labels such as were used on the ST-120 and others. The originals were heavy mylar with a dark brown background. The repros are aluminum, white on black.

The small Dynaco speaker labels are now brass-plated steel with black lettering.

In each photo an original is on top and the repro is on the bottom.

Pricing for CSP members will be less than the auction site price, just PM me.

-Kent

post-101828-0-79302000-1444500786_thumb.

post-101828-0-12107900-1444500807_thumb.

post-101828-0-47062100-1444500946_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...

The Cizek HTA labels are now available. I also have some new face plates for Advent 400 radios like the one shown in Post #18 here: http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Board/index.php?showtopic=8443

Send a PM or email: KLHbyJKH@gmail.com

-Kent

• 2 months later...

Thanks John

btw, the "3"s are gone.

edit Aug 2017: 3s are back

I also have some cheap Chinese knock-offs of the DakaWare knobs used on AR pots. Photos below show an original and a knock-off.

edit Aug 2017: No more knock-offs. I now have genuine Daka-Ware knobs

-Kent

Edited by JKent

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I still have repro metal labels for AR, KLH, Dynaco, Cizek and original Daka-ware knobs for AR speakers and McIntosh amps.

Also now have stainless steel speaker terminal nuts for AR, KLH, Bose and others. Originals were nickel plated over brass. The SS looks authentic, wont tarnish and costs less. $2 each.

thumb nuts.jpg

Edited by JKent

• 3 months later...

I have 2 versions of the large and small AR Inc labels now: Brushed solid brass with engraved lettering (so not black) and glossy solid brass with jet black lettering.

-Kent

Edited by JKent
Only the small brushed brass available as of 2022