AR5 woofer re-cone

wilson

I recently picked up an early pair of AR5's with the 5 specific woofers. Both of the woofer vc's are blown and I'm wondering about re-cone kits. My first thought is that because the later 2ax/5 woofers are abundant and still inexpensive - does it even make sense to re-cone?

If does - is there a good kit available? I've never seen it done but is it possible to replace the vc and re-use the original cone?

Thanks for your thoughts.

I recently picked up an early pair of AR5's with the 5 specific woofers. Both of the woofer vc's are blown and I'm wondering about re-cone kits. My first thought is that because the later 2ax/5 woofers are abundant and still inexpensive - does it even make sense to re-cone?

If does - is there a good kit available? I've never seen it done but is it possible to replace the vc and re-use the original cone?

Thanks for your thoughts.

I have not seen one, but if a re-cone kit is available it is not likely to result in a woofer with the same characterisitics as the original. For the same (or less) cost used 2ax/5 woofers are fairly easy to find.

Roy

Archived