EU transformer for an Hafler 9505 Transnova?

I have read in Haflers service manual that there should exist such an transformer. I haven't dug into it seriously yet. Looking at EU prices for these amps versus the US prices I thought maybe it would be worthwhile to import one and tell the seller to keep the 120V transformer. But then one would need info on what to order from your favourite trafo winder . Any hints on where to find the specs?

Regards

Most likely you can find voltages from service manual or schematic, some calculations may be needed. If you can measure core size, this should be enough for someone like Lundahl. Most likely original core can be rewound with correct primary for authentic look.

As far as I remember there is some back up for Dynaco and Hafler products. They may have suitable tarfo in stock.

Best Regards

Kimmo

Thanks Kimmo.

I'll delve deeper into it. I don't have one yet but are contemplating on different amps - classics, modern and diy ready to deliver at least 200W at 4ohms. Of course they handles heavy loads and are short circuit proof :). I have searched for CE trafos but no luck yet. The service manuals seem to be blank pages when it comes to the schematics... A scanner to a tiff if anyone posseses the original service manual would be appreciated.

Regards

Archived