Walnut cabinet: mod, tweak or upgrade?

AAAAARGH! I was outraged at first, but then saw the disclaimer:

"no tweeter was harmed in the making of this item. When I came across this speaker, the drivers had been removed and sold."

Still, just doesn't seem right............

Still, just doesn't seem right............

I agree... but AR cabinet with Audax tweeter and Philips woofer does not seem right either. Maybe tweeter removed from this cab will make someone with nice cabinet happy.

When I bought H/K Citation 12 and more recently Quad 405, I first thought that I will make all Pass, Snook and Ludvig mods to these. After some time, I realized that I have several far better amps and most likely 12 & 405 would never sound better than these. Maybe I will enjoy more if I can hear these unmodified but refurbished, even there should be enough stock to be butchered. I must admit that I added 3-prong mains wire to H/K and increased gauge of one Quad 405 ground wire. I also replaced original Quad push in speaker terminals with Deltron ones. I believe that they are still true to the originals.

Anyway, when there is no clear information about resurrection of AB Tech... even less than perfect replacements are not too widely available.

Best Regards

Kimmo

Archived