AR12 vs AR 2ax, AR5 tweeter

je.osterberg

Hello!

Can somebody help me with this? I have AR 2ax but not with the original tweeters, it´s AR 12 tweeters. The model number is 1200011-2. The correct one should be 1200013-2, that also fit AR5.

I suspect that the sound is not correct, to less treble. Does somebody of you know why?
is it a big difference between those tweeters?

Can I do something about the crossover or shall I buy the correct tweeters? (I live in Sweden and it´s hard to get)

Maybe they shall it sound like this. I am compairing with my AR3a improved and of course they should be better but no this much.

Happy if somebody can help in this matter!

Best Wishes, Jesper

Jesper,

The AR-12 tweeter should actually provide more output than the original 2ax tweeter. Perhaps the tweeters are not working properly. The AR-12 tweeter also has more output at lower frequencies, and was used with a different crossover to compensate for this. Are your level controls working properly?

Roy

Hello Roy!

That´s interesting. I have bypassed the level controls, in my mind that would increase the level even more. The treble is okey, but not as good as my AR 11 tweeters.

You said that the tweeters have lower output. Maybe I could lower the crossover level at the midrange, a inductor in serie would fix that if i´m right.

Jesper

Hello Roy!

That´s interesting. I have bypassed the level controls, in my mind that would increase the level even more. The treble is okey, but not as good as my AR 11 tweeters.

You said that the tweeters have lower output. Maybe I could lower the crossover level at the midrange, a inductor in serie would fix that if i´m right.

Jesper

If you by-passed the level controls by completely removing them from the circuit, and are using AR-12 tweeters, your speakers are no longer AR-2ax's. A series inductor with the midrange will just take you further into the realm of designing a pair of AR-Jesper's. :)

Reinstall level controls and install a small parallel inductor across the AR-12 tweeter (.15mh +/-) to bring the sound closer to that of the AR-2ax.

Roy

Archived