Advent speaker reviews scanned in

passport

Thanks much for those!

Wow! I haven't seen that review for the original Advents since then and that was the review that made me want a pair even though I didn't get any for many years (I did hear them, though). I do own a pair of 1970 Advents among five pairs now, however.

And look at the "Large Advent" designation on the receipt. Calling them that already in 1975 because of the Smaller Advent introduction.

Doug

Thank you so much for posting this. It's truly wonderful to read. I have a pair of the "Large Advents" and love their sound. I'm soon going to be restoring a pair of the "Small Advents." History in my hands. Love it!

• 2 years later...

Looking at the Advent sales receipt flashed me back to when I purchased the Large Advents at Sam Goody's in the Paramus Mall on RT. 17 in NJ.

Fond memories of a time long gone, but not forgotten.

Thank You!

I remember that Sam Goody. Actually it was the Garden State Plaza. They had a great import section.

I remember that Sam Goody. Actually it was the Garden State Plaza. They had a great import section.

Thanks.

I couldn't remember what the name of that mall.

I did buy many LPs back in those days.

Mostly classical.

Some of the salesmen at Sam Goody's were quite knowledgeable and I was always satisfied with their recommendations.

Not a good listening environmernt for buying speakers but they had very competitave prices.

Today, almost all the focus is on home-theater.

However, there are some upscale stores that have good listening rooms like Lyric HIFI and Stereo Exchange.

But they are in Manhattan.

Archived