Fast blow speaker fuses

Guest atbglenn
Hi Glenn;

With the small bass reflex woofer I would stay around 1/2 +/- amp fast blow total inline fuse size.

Generally the bass reflex systems are not as power hungry nor have as much power handling capabilities.

Vern

Thanks Vern, I appreciate your help :)

Glenn

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...

Hi Glenn;

You are very welcome.

Until someone else comes along with more specific information as to fuse sizes, I would feel safe with those ratings.

Vern

Hi there

Just to keep fusing subject current I chose to add to this topic.

http://www.electronicsurplus.com

I personally have done business with, Nancy, at this company, she gives superior customer service, in my honest opinion.

I have been accumulating all of the fusing information sheets and photos that I have been able to find and I was going to post all of them in one writeup.

They are of several different brands and I really welcome anyone to add to this topic with any additional information sheets they may have.

There will be duplication with some in the library for certain, but, I feel that this is more focused on this subject.

This will not be brand specific as that would be too limiting in this knowledge.

A particular noteworthy sheet has a reference to slow blow, as well as fast blow fuses, the very first instance that I have read on the same page

from the same manufacturer as well.

This will, hopefully open up some very interesting dialog between members.

Stay tuned.

Hi there

Just to keep fusing subject current I chose to add to this topic.

I personally have done business with, Nancy, at this company, she gives superior customer service, in my honest opinion.

NEWS FLASH;

As of Friday April 22nd the price of the Bussmann FNM-2 amp fuses has dropped down to $1.00 each.

This is in emailing with, Nancy, at this site.

There is a minimum sale of $15.00 and a minimum $10.00 for up to 10 pounds Shipping & Handling charge.

Quantities are limited and at this price they won't last too long.

Example: 25 fuses at $1.00 each plus $10.00 S&H = $35.00 or $1.40 each in quantities of 25.

There may not be the need for an individual purchase of such a large quantity, this is just a suggestion.

Someone can share a large buy with others, possibly.

Too bad they couldn't do a drop shipment.

They sell many more different electronic items than only this size of fuse.

I have an Electro Sonic catalog, date unknown, and the list price was over $35.00 each here in Vancouver BC. ERROR

Correction: this last sentance, 2002 catalog and $4.68 for one FNM-2 amp fuse.

Correction: the higher price is actually for an Ohmite RHS15R 15 ohm 25 watt pot at $37.60 each.

Archived