Boston Acoustics A200 for Music

Phil

Hi,

I found a pair of Boston Acoustic A200 for sale. I would like to use them for music mainly. I have read that they were good in the old day but today cheap floor standing speakers are much more better. Any advice from BA experts around here?

Thanks,

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I found a pair of Boston Acoustic A200 for sale. I would like to use them for music mainly. I have read that they were good in the old day but today cheap floor standing speakers are much more better. Any advice from BA experts around here?

Thanks,

They were a very nice, neutral sounding speaker in their day and probably will still sound pretty good today. They were designed to be placed against the wall and thus do not "image" particularly well as many of today's better speakers can. I think for about $600 & up, you can do better w/ today's better modern designs from companies like PSB, Paradigm or NHT. These will also have a much more open & extended high end which depending upon what you listen to, can make them more enjoyable & realistic sounding. But, for short $ (maybe 150 for the pair?), they BA's should suffice. Good luck.

Archived