FISHER VINTAGE SPEAKERS SHOULD I?

I would like to hear if the boast that say 60's or early 70's era are worth restoring,before I hunt down and buy. My only exposure to the fisher line has been limited to their shall we say department store line. Other than warnings of obvious junk of late. What are the supreme models and what were the not so obvious stinkers of mentioned era. I am currently amassing several personally restored matched systems. As a tribute. Anything to derail folks from being had by these new imposters of deceiving specs. All will be well.

• 3 months later...

Some of the early Fisher (USA), say 60's/70's were fairly decent.

They were bought out by Sanyo at some point, I don't know if that was the only sale of the company or not.

The tube amps/pre-amps were nice, and I believe they had some quad components also.

They had a real nice warm tone, and good clarity of detail.

• 4 years later...
Guest dat521gatherer

i collect fisher speakers and agree that the 60's are the way to go. i have a orphan xp-9 and a pair of xp-10's. they sound like east coast with non screeching high's and warm bass. i would stick with the xp-1 through xp-18. here is my xp-9. dan

2784.txt

• 3 years later...

i collect fisher speakers and agree that the 60's are the way to go. i have a orphan xp-9 and a pair of xp-10's. they sound like east coast with non screeching high's and warm bass. i would stick with the xp-1 through xp-18. here is my xp-9. dan

Dan, not to intrude, but I've got a pair of XP-9's that have need of attention to the cabinets, but are fine otherwise...just too warm for me, even with my old NatKits tube amp (what can I say...I'm a solid state, Carver kinda guy... ;p )...but I digress. I got them as part of trying to get into the 'old-audio-gear-sales' thing that didn't pan out. Would you like them, and what (if anything) would you be willing to give for them? (I'm hoping to find some 'unobtania' of sorts...an ADC SS3 Paragraphic EQ, as well as a first-gen DBX 3BX, and a pair of good working Carver M400's).

Again, I digress. I've got an ad in Craigslist Oklahoma City that lists all the audio stuff I'm trying to get rid of, if anything floats your boat. I'd rather trade than buy/sell, as the reason I'm gettin' out of the 'business' is that I can't afford it...the money OR the space.

I'm up for trading, any road. Please LMK what you think.

Chuck K.

cmk59@yahoo.com

Archived