Snell Type A Prototype.............

Guest Uberpilot

Guest Uberpilot

I just bought a pair of Snell A's of E-bay. They are serial number 7 and 8. I think they are prototypes. They are flat black and the grills lift straight up to come off. They also don't say Snell and all the labeling is stickers with type writing on them. Oh, and the wire to the bass is a 1/4 inch guitar plug to an RCA!

What I can't believe is the sound..............FANTASTIC!

Anyone know anything about early Snell speakers? Are they collectors items?

I'll try and posr pictures if anyone wants to see them.

Chris

Guest jones
I just bought a pair of Snell A's of E-bay. They are serial number 7 and 8. I think they are prototypes. They are flat black and the grills lift straight up to come off. They also don't say Snell and all the labeling is stickers with type writing on them. Oh, and the wire to the bass is a 1/4 inch guitar plug to an RCA!

What I can't believe is the sound..............FANTASTIC!

Anyone know anything about early Snell speakers? Are they collectors items?

I'll try and posr pictures if anyone wants to see them.

Chris

Hello Chris! Im currently setting up a snell website www.snell.no - very soon to launch.

I would VERY much like to have info and pictures, with and without grills and at the back with the handwriting. snell@snell.no

I would say this are collectors items, yes.

If your not familiar with Snell, they ALL sound FANTASTIC!! :)

Guest Bluzmaster

Uber -

Thanks for posting the pics. One of the greatest sources of confusion about these in general concerns the tweeters. If you are so inclined, some close-up pics of the tweeter, especially the back, might prove to be very informative.

What is that? A wire suspending a piece of dampening insulation in front of the tweeter?

Bluz

P.S. You win for the lowest serial numbers.

• 6 months later...
Guest Uberpilot

Sorry, i don't want to touch anything, for fear I would scew them up. Although I would love to have they painted piano black by a piano refinisher.............that would be the ultimate. the only piano blacks A's in the world.................

Archived