• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Julio

Julio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:49 PM

Just came across a pair and don`t know anything about them and just wondered if anyone here had any opinions or ideas to get them to sound their best.Thanks.

#2 Shacky

Shacky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:26 PM

They are great speakers - well worth rehabing. They benefit from recapping, Lot's of information about them at www.humanspeakers.com Though expect to wait for any orders from that site.

I had a pair as well as still have a pair of 202's, Nice neutral to warm sound. My wife loved the 201 and is still upset I sold them.

Here are pictures of my 202. Crossover is same as 201. If I had to do it over I'd probably take out the attenuator as Huw does. And upgrade wiring. Huw sells turnkey crossovers but I hesitate to recommend as he takes a long time to ship or get back to you. Otherwise he's tops.

http://s137.photobuc.....1973/EPI 202/

#3 Julio

Julio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

They are great speakers - well worth rehabing. They benefit from recapping, Lot's of information about them at www.humanspeakers.com Though expect to wait for any orders from that site.

I had a pair as well as still have a pair of 202's, Nice neutral to warm sound. My wife loved the 201 and is still upset I sold them.

Here are pictures of my 202. Crossover is same as 201. If I had to do it over I'd probably take out the attenuator as Huw does. And upgrade wiring. Huw sells turnkey crossovers but I hesitate to recommend as he takes a long time to ship or get back to you. Otherwise he's tops.

http://s137.photobuc.....1973/EPI 202/

Thanks for your input.Is Huw www.humanspeakers.com that you mentioned?

#4 Shacky

Shacky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:34 AM

Thanks for your input.Is Huw www.humanspeakers.com that you mentioned?

Yes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users