No replies to this topic

#1 rnathans00

rnathans00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

Allison CD-7 Minitower Speakers

Offered for sale are the well-regarded Allison CD-7 Minitowers. In the middle of the CD line, the 7 is a floor-stander, so no stands are required. It provides a big sound and, with its high efficiency (90 dB, 2.83 v/1m) it works well in a large room. (In a small room you may want to raise them 6-12”.) This one is in oiled Walnut and is in fine condition. Some of its other specs:

Speaker Complement: Woofer 8”, Tweeter, 1” Convex Diaphragm

Crossover Frequency: 2000 Hz

Enclosure Type: Stabilized Radiation Loading, Acoustic Suspension

Impedance: 4 Ohms

Resonance Frequency: 52 Hz

Low-frequency Performance: -3 dB at 41 Hz, -6 dB at 34.5 Hz

Weight: 22 pounds

Dimensions: 27-1/2” x 9-5/8” x 9-5/8”

From Allison literature: “The CD 7 is a floor-standing system designed to work best where it takes the least space - with its back close to a room wall. Its driver design and arrangement make the system essentially omnidirectional in the forward hemisphere…”

I’d rate these at least 7/10. All drivers are fully functioning, and the woofer surrounds are intact. One the grills sits loose in its mount but - except for a small hole in one of the two and an even smaller hole in the second - they are in good shape. Asking $299 for the pair. All in all, great speakers; I just have too many at the present time and some have to go. No low ball offers please; if I don’t get a fair price I’ll just give them to a sibling.

I don’t have the original boxes, so I'm trying to sell them locally, in the Washington, DC area. (I've also listed these speakers on Craigslist and USAudiomart.)

r.shwake@comcast.net

Attached Thumbnails

• P1000654.JPG
  • P1000655.JPG
  • P1000656.JPG
  • P1000657.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users